Posts

Oshiomhole-Led Panel Finishes Investigation Into Museum Ownership, Funding Status

Image
Oshiomhole-Led Panel Finishes Investigation Into Museum Ownership, Funding Status The Chairman Special Committee On Museum for West Africa Art (MOWAA) and former governor of Edo State Comrade,Sen. Adams Aliu Oshiomhole,on Thursday submitted the report of the committee whose mandate is to verify the position of the right of  ownership status of MOWAA. In the report,Sen, Oshiomhole noted that the Edo State government under the administration of Godwin Obaseki spent a total of N3.8 billion of tax payers money on the MOWAA project, severally changing the name of the museum for his personal reasons. The committee chairman said the sustained efforts and campaign of the Oba of Benin for the return of the Benin stolen artifacts led to the agreement to return the artifacts, noting that it opened the discussion of building a Royal Museum to house the artifacts. "The Edo State government under Obaseki agreed to provide the funding to build the Benin Royal Museum at the space prov...

RENL MD Urges Workers To See Safety As Daily Commitment ...Harps On Integrity As A Way Of Culture

Image
RENL MD Urges Workers To See Safety As Daily Commitment  ...Harps On Integrity As A Way Of Culture  Iduozee Efe Paul, Benin  RENL Strengthens Safety and Integrity Culture at 2026 HSE/Ethics Day in Waterside Site, Ogun State, August 13, 2026 — Rubber Estates Nigeria Limited (RENL) has renewed its commitment to fostering a strong culture of safety, integrity and responsible workplace conduct during the company’s 2026 Health, Safety, Environment and Ethics (HSE/Ethics) Day celebration held at its Waterside Site in Ogun State. The celebration, themed “Safety First, Integrity Always,” provided an opportunity for employees and management representatives to reflect on the importance of personal responsibility, ethical behaviour and proactive safety practices in sustaining a healthy and productive work environment. The Managing Director of RENL, Olivier Odoukou, was represented at the Waterside Site by the company’s Business Performance Manager, Charles Tuckson, who c...

Edo State Govt Begins Harvest Of Over 500 Hectares Of Maize At Udomi Farm

Image
Edo State Govt Begins Harvest Of Over 500 Hectares Of Maize At Udomi Farm The Edo State Government, through the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security, has commenced the harvesting of over 500 hectares of maize cultivated at the Udomi Farm in Esan Central Local Government Area of the state. The massive harvest is part of the state government’s drive to boost agricultural production, ensure food security and create a sustainable supply of raw materials for industries and other agricultural value chains. Addressing journalists during an inspection of the farm, the Commissioner for Agriculture and Food Security, Dr. Jerry Nwangue, said the development was evidence that the state government had the capacity to produce food in commercial quantities for consumption and industrial use. Nwangue said the administration of Governor Monday Okpebholo had demonstrated a strong commitment to agriculture, stressing that the governor had consistently encouraged residents, particularly y...

Okpebholo Charges Rongtai Firm To Enhance Safety Measures, Protect Lives

Image
Okpebholo Charges Rongtai Firm To Enhance Safety Measures, Protect Lives By Editor  Edo State Gov. Monday Okpebholo has tasked the management of Rongtai Building Materials Nigeria Ltd. on strengthening its safety measures to protect the lives of its staff and workers. The governor, during a visit to the company's premises in Utesi, Ikpoba-Okha Local Government Area of the state, commended its investment in Edo and urged the management to remain committed to its corporate social responsibility to the host community. Recall that a total of five workers had died in the company last month, with others reportedly dying from electrocution and falling off a crane. The crisis that broke out led workers, relatives and some community youths razing a section of the firm, including over 20 vehicles and motorcycles, following the death of the forklift operator. According to Governor Okpebholo, "What happened here came to me as sad news, and the incident is condemnable. An estab...

NBC Cautions Broadcasters, Online Publishers, Others Against Election Disinformation

Image
NBC Cautions Broadcasters, Online Publishers, Others Against Election Disinformation By Editor  The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has warned broadcasters, online publishers, bloggers and other participants in Nigeria’s rapidly expanding information ecosystem against the use of their platforms to spread misinformation, hate speech, inflammatory material and other content capable of undermining peaceful elections. The warning comes as political campaigns for the 2027 Presidential and National Assembly elections commence Wednesday, August 19, 2026. This followed a statement released by Moses Jolayemi, the Technical Adviser to the Director-General of the NBC, Mr. Charles Ebuebu, the Commission, said the commencement of political campaigns places an even greater responsibility on all those who disseminate information to the public to uphold accuracy, fairness, professionalism, and responsibility. The NBC said radio and television broadcasters, in particular, must re...

After Selling ₦400million Worth Equipment For ₦200 Thousand...As Edo Police Recovers, Parade Ex-Worker Behind AIT Benin Vandalism, 12 Others

Image
After Selling ₦400million Worth Equipment For ₦200 Thousand ...As Edo Police Recovers, Parade Ex-Worker Behind AIT Benin Vandalism, 12 Others Eben Enasco Reporting. Two men are in trouble in Benin City, accused by the Edo State Police Command of wiping out ₦400 million worth of broadcast equipment for a 200 thousand naira belonging to the Africa Independent Television, AIT, station now off-Air. The suspects identified as Martins Donatus, 26, and Mohammed Abubakar, 28, were among the 13 paraded on Tuesday for allegedly vandalizing transmission equipment at the AIT, station along Benin–Idogbo Road in the Ikhueniro Community. The arrests were made on Monday, August 10, 2026, according to the State Commissioner of Police, Patrick Daaor in his Maiden press briefing at the Police Command Headquarter. According to the CP, the suspects invaded the AIT premises, which is currently off-air, and carted away master control room equipment worth about ₦150 million. The station had suffer...

Court Remands 52-Year-Old Home Lesson Teacher In Correctional Centre In Edo

Image
  Court Remands 52-Year-Old Home Lesson Teacher In Correctional Centre In Edo  ...As CP Warns  Criminals, Collaborators To Flee The State  By Editor  A 52-year-old home lesson teacher, Daniel Erumudonmoh Okhuilegbe, has been remanded at Oko Correctional Centre, Benin City, over the alleged defilement of his 13-year-old pupil in Edo State. The Edo State Commissioner of Police, CP Patrick Daaor, said this on Tuesday, August 18, 2026, during his maiden press briefing in Benin City. Okhuilegbe was arrested on August 5 after allegedly abusing the trust placed in him as the child’s home lesson teacher. He was charged before the Benin High Court on August 14 and remanded in custody. Daaor warned criminals and their collaborators to leave the state, declaring that the Command had been repositioned under his leadership to prevent crime and protect lives and property. He vowed that no criminal activity recorded in the state would go unpunished, stressing that ...