After Selling ₦400million Worth Equipment For ₦200 Thousand...As Edo Police Recovers, Parade Ex-Worker Behind AIT Benin Vandalism, 12 Others













After Selling ₦400million Worth Equipment For ₦200 Thousand

...As Edo Police Recovers, Parade Ex-Worker Behind AIT Benin Vandalism, 12 Others


Eben Enasco Reporting.


Two men are in trouble in Benin City, accused by the Edo State Police Command of wiping out ₦400 million worth of broadcast equipment for a 200 thousand naira belonging to the Africa Independent Television, AIT, station now off-Air.

The suspects identified as Martins Donatus, 26, and Mohammed Abubakar, 28, were among the 13 paraded on Tuesday for allegedly vandalizing transmission equipment at the AIT, station along Benin–Idogbo Road in the Ikhueniro Community.

The arrests were made on Monday, August 10, 2026, according to the State Commissioner of Police, Patrick Daaor in his Maiden press briefing at the Police Command Headquarter.

According to the CP, the suspects invaded the AIT premises, which is currently off-air, and carted away master control room equipment worth about ₦150 million.

The station had suffered a series of vandalism attacks sequel to the recent incident, leading to its regular collapse and off operation.

In a shocking confession, one of the suspects, Martins Donatus told journalists he was part of the construction team that built the station.

He admitted this was their third time hitting the facility, stripping copper wires and selling them for as little as ₦200,000. 

Police say the total damage across all three attacks is over ₦400 million.

Also paraded was a suspected kidnapper and alleged member of the Aiye secret cult.

The CP said the suspect lured his victim, Elizabeth William, from TikTok to his home in Ogheghe Community, held her captive, and collected ₦500,000 ransom before she was released.

The Commissioner confirmed that all 13 suspects will be charged to court at the end of investigations.

In another development, the police, have also paraded a suspect, Orji Okoro who allegedly assaulted a 12-year-old male apprentice at his residence. The incident was said to have occurred on August 12, 2026.

Similarly, the command says Police in the New Etete division are investigating an alleged case of defilement involving a 8-year-old girl.

According to the Command, a report was received on Thursday, August 14, 2026, alleging that a 21-year-old man identified as, Innocent Emmanuel, sexually assaulted the child while her parents were away from home.

The complaint further stated that the child had previously disclosed repeated sexual harassment by the same suspect, but no action was taken.

Following the report, operatives arrested the suspect and he is currently in detention. The victim has been taken to Viviana Medical Center for a medical examination.

The Police say preliminary investigation is ongoing, and the suspect will be charged to court at the conclusion of inquiries.

The Command is urging parents and guardians to remain vigilant and to report any case of abuse against children promptly to the nearest police station.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gunmen Abducts 18 Passengers In Benin-Auchi Highway, 16 Rescued

Edo LG Primary: APC Elects 18 Chairmanship, 192 Councillorship Candidates

Bishop Of Auchi, Dunia Blames Edo Police For Death Of Seminarian